In the Video
- How to install the CT-USB-CABLE using Windows 7/10
- How to install the AI-485-ADAPTER onto a Unidrive M200, M300, & M400.
- How to create a new Connect Software project
- How to backup Drive Parameters
Control Techniques Connect Software
Based on Control Techniques’ 25 years experience, Connect software is our latest drive configuration tool for commissioning, optimizing and monitoring drive/system performance.
Features of Connect Software
Its development draws from extensive user research, using human centered design principals to give the ultimate user experience:
- Fast task based commissioning and easy maintenance of the Unidrive M & Commander C general purpose drives family is simplified via familiar Windows interface;
- Intuitive graphical tools enhance and simplify user experience;
- For experienced users, dynamic drive logic diagrams and enhanced searchable listings are present;
- Drive and motor performance can be optimized with minimal specialized drive knowledge;
- Tool is scalable to match application requirements;
- Supports the import of Unidrive SP parameter files and allows full drive cloning (i.e. parameter sets and application program);
- Multiple simultaneous comms channels for a more complete overview of the system;
- Drive discovery gives the ability to find drives on a network automatically without the user having to specify their addresses;
- Automatic RTU baud rate scanning on the Unidrive M drives which have a 485 connection.
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
Getting Started – Installation
Install Connect on Microsoft Windows (7 or later) by running the installation program provided. Your computer will need to have Microsoft .Net 4 installed too – in the unlikely event it hasn’t the installer will download it from the internet, or you can obtain it directly from here. Note that installation may take some time, but please be patient.
- Any previously installed version of Connect will be upgraded during the installation. Normally, there is no need to uninstall the older version.
- The installation can take quite some time to complete.
- Recommended system requirements for installation:
- Operating system: Windows 7 with SP1, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Disk space: 2GB or more free.